A Conversation with Ever.

Tenderheart.  That is my girl.  Tender, gentle (mostly), and a bit of an old soul...

Last night she wanted to look at some of my jewelry hanging above the cupboard.  She loves the sparkle.  We went through it and I told her about each of the things hanging there.  I told her she could have anything of mine she wanted, except for my wedding ring.  She talks about me "donating" my things to her.  Been around for a few closet cleanings, I guess ;)  Anyway, I said of course I would donate my things to her.

Then she says, "Can I have your wedding ring when you live inside my heart?"

Huh?  Goodness.  "Well, of course you can.  You or Isla or Tell."

Within an instant she goes from the joy of "yes" to the sobbing, wailing tears of losing her Mama someday.  I mean she cried - hard - for half an hour.  And let's not kid ourselves, I cried a little too.  This tenderness did not show up out of nowhere.  And while we're at it, her Papa is no hard-hearted figure either.

Anyway, we were a sight to see.  Bry was so confused.  And then he wasn't when I told him the conversation.  He knows his little girl.

That girl carries my heart around in her pocket.  I told her I hope she will always love me this much.   And she answered, "Of course I will."
Crossing my fingers and praying every day...
:: Ever and "Tell" the (hopefully) hen, so named by Tell the boy :) ::

Comments

Popular Posts