Spot On.

::image from Pinterest::

A bible verse in church today really reaffirmed for me how timeless God's word is and how sinful people have always been:


Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. 
Philippians 3:19.

Is that not a perfect description of modern culture?!?  Of society's celebrities, idols, and so-called "successful" people?  Amazes me every time.  Every time those puzzle pieces fit right into what I'm struggling with at the moment.

Another humbling lesson at church: looking across the aisle at a 90-something, recently widowed women sitting there intently listening to the sermon, with her bible open and taking notes.  Such a lesson for me.   She appeared as a  true 'child of God' if I've ever seen one. 

We will never know it all.  The Lord is always willing to teach us, if we will only take the time to listen and look for Him.  If we can take our mind off our own earthly things, He can show us what truly matters and brings lasting joy, purpose, and contentment.  
I want to be His student for always.

Comments

Popular Posts